I find Temple's perspectives to be so interesting. The concept of people having more of a photographic brain/library is not new to me, but I think for the first time I actually sat and tried to imagine what pictures my brain would retrieve in response to hearing certain words. My responses to my own inquiries were not instant, I had to really think and do word association. I wonder if that is sort of what it is like for her to try and think in words.
She does amazing work by making the corrals as peaceful and non-threatening to animals as possible and she makes it sound so matter of fact. When Temple said that "doing practical things can make the world a better place", I thought to myself - if only it were that easy. But why is it not that easy? It is impossible to know what a person really thinks based on one essay but when Temple says she wouldn't give up her way of thinking to be "normal", I just thought - why would she. She has made an amazing impact on the world and who knows what she had to endure in getting to the point she is at today when her whole life she's been placed in this category of "abnormal" because she's on the spectrum.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment